Awarded to


If you are seeking information about local Groups and Units in your area fill in the online membership enquiry form.

For matters relating to Venturer Section program please contact one of the team listed below.

Also "like" us on Facebook at our Venturer page -

Branch Commissioner (Venturers)
John Hooper

Assistant Branch Commissioner (Venturers)


Program Advisers (Venturer Section) 

  Name   Email
  Phone Units responsible for
 Kirsty Short  0428 538 091 Lone Venturer Unit, Crystal Brook, Port Augusta, Whyalla, Port Lincoln
 Michael Woodward
 0434 924 399 Beefacres, Rowallan, Pembroke, Ridgehaven, Fullarton, Morialta
 Bruce Leibhardt

 0438 236 558 

Gawler, Southern Barossa
 Paul Leicester  0447 151 063 Trailblazer, One Tree Hill, Angle Vale, Altamira, Edinburgh Parks
 Nicola Capon  0412 708 940 Bleden, Flagstaff Hill, Southern Echo, Camden Park
 Patrick Smith   Golden Eagle, Blue Lake, Caveland
 Ross Vivian 0407 790 416 Aldinga Bay, Belair, Hallett Cove, Pt Noarlunga, Reynella, Seaford Meadows
 James Carter  0434 633 402   TBC
Colin Curtis 0457 784 022   Flinders Park, Fulham, Pine Forest, Kidman Park, Lac Viet, Prospect, Mungbean
Miriam Ahrens  0438 055 033 Aroona, Grasby Park, Summit Streams, Twin Peaks, Murray Bridge, Kuipto
















Your Unit's Program Adviser (PA) is there for advice (hence the title), primarily around the Queen's Scout Award Scheme as well as programming ideas.

All forms for activities (A5's) need to go to your PA for approval before an offsite and/or adventurous activity may take place. PA's are required to approve the examiner for any Queen Scout or Endeavour Award level Award scheme work (as well as Venturer Award level expeditions) - they need to sign your Y9 form. PA's sign off that a Queen Scout has met the technical requirements of the award (Y8 form).

PA's convene "Venturer Councils" for a group of Units which they are supporting to encourage inter-unit activities (much as a DVC did in the past).

If you have any questions about Venturering/Venturers/upcoming activities then your PA is the person to ask.

If you can't get hold of your PA for some reason (they all lead busy lives) then you can contact another on the list.

 Where to Find units/Rover Crews?

If you are interested in where South Australia's Venturer Units are located (as well as the local Rover Crews) check out this Google Map.

 SA Venturer Units & Rover Crews 2017

Adventurous Activities Contacts

For information about Adventurous Activities please visit the Adventurous Activities website at